The Tax Assessor determines the value of properties in the town using various methods that analyze components like the structure and market trends.
- Assessing property values
- Inspect new construction and existing properties for appraisal value based on market value, location, and costs
- Identify ownership of property
- Maintains and reviews data on each lot
- Approve applications for property tax exemptions or deductions such as Senior Citizen Tax Relief, Disabled Tax Relief, Surviving Spouse Tax Relief, Veteran’s Deduction, Property Tax Reimbursement Program, NJ Saver Rebate, and Homestead Rebate.